Please use our valuable resources below to track and monitor emergency and disaster activities in your regional area. (click on the maps below for updates)
Emergency and Disaster Information Service (worldwide)
Nuclear & Radiation Survival
LINK: Nuclear fallout map
Have you ever wondered what would happen if a nuclear bomb goes off in your city? With this interactive app below, you can see the outcome. Simply input your location and hit the “nuke it” button
Health Outbreak Acitvity
Solar Flare Activity
LINK: Red Cross Mobile Apps
SURVIVAL ON TV
- Doomsday Preppers – National Geographic Channel
- Surviving Disaster – Spike TV
- Survivor Man – Discovery
- Dual Survivor – Discovery
- Man, Woman, Wild – Discovery (Upcoming: New Show to Be Announced)
- Mykel Hawke
- MAN VS. WILD – Bear Grylls – Discovery
- The Walking Dead
- Naked and Afraid
Year Zero Survival Favorite Movies:
Panic In Year Zero
The Omega Man
I Am Legend
The Last Man on Earth
The Day After
The Book of Eli
Cry In The Wild
Into The Wild
The Day After Tomorrow
The Naked Prey
Flight of The Phoenix
YEAR ZERO SURVIVAL FAVORITE websites:
Index of Blog Articles
- 10 Best Survival Foods To Get At Your Local Supermarket
- 10 Considerations For Your Bug Out Location
- 10 STEPS FOR BEGINNING HUNTERS
- 10 Survivalist Essentials for Your Bug-Out-Bag
- 10 Tips On How To Survive In The Woods
- 10 Tips to Creating a Comfortable Mattress Outdoors
- 10 Unbelievable Ordinary Things That Could Be Potential Lifesavers
- 100 Items That Will Disappear First In The U. S. When The SHTF
- 12 Best Vehicles For Surviving The Zombie Apocalypse
- 12 Days of Christmas (Prepper Style)
- 12 Survival Hygiene Tips for when SHTF
- 20 Easy Post-Apocalypse Life Hacks Any Survivor Can Do
- 20 Ways To Become More Self-sufficient Before ‘The Crunch’ Arrives
- 25 Critical Facts About This Ebola Outbreak That Every American Needs To Know
- 25 Survival Uses For Duct Tape
- 25 Uses for Duct Tape
- 5 Alloy Steels And Different Properties Of Blade Knife Materials
- 5 Big Tips for Living Without Electricity
- 5 Gallon Bucket Storage Tip
- 5 Prep Tips to Keep Your Family Safe from a Wildfire
- 5 Tips To Keeping Your Gun Safe At Home
- 5 Tips To Learning About Outdoor Sports
- 5 Tips to Learning How to Hunt
- 5 Valuable Tips for Surviving a Natural Disaster
- 6 Easy Steps To Long Term Dry Goods Storage
- 6 Life Saving Things You Need When Lost In The Forest While Hunting Deer
- 6 Tips To Prepare For A Hurricane
- 7 DIY Pop Can Solar Heaters
- 7 Items You Must Have in Your Emergency Survival Kit [infographic]
- 7 Must Have Items for Wilderness Survival
- 7 Survival Ideas You Never Thought About
- 7 Ways to Prep for an Economic Collapse
- A Beginner’s Guide To Living Off-Grid
- A Day At Smokey Mountain Knife Works
- A Survivalists Guide To Body Armor
- Another Type of Flu-Season Prep to Consider
- Apocalyptic Dish Washing
- Bacon, Beans and Camping – What A Combination!
- Be Prepared
- Bear Grylls scores extreme NBC reality show gig
- Benefits of Rainwater Collection
- Best Survival Tools? Real Life Saving Survival Tools List
- BREAKING: European Commission to criminalize nearly all seeds and plants not registered with government
- Bugout In Style
- Build The Benefits of Raised Beds
- By Land or By Water, To Survive You Must Have Alternatives
- Campfire Cooking – The Basics
- Camping Hacks for Families
- Can You Knit Your Way To Survival?
- Carry What You Can, In As Many Ways You Can
- Cast Iron Skillet – A Guide to Everything You Need to Know
- Chart: When To Plant Your Survival Garden
- Checklist Your Way To Survival
- Cool Cargo Bike from trioBike
- Could You Build A Shelter To Save Your Life?
- Create A Simple Portable Stove From An Aluminum Can [video]
- DHS Admits It Is Unprepared for EMP Threat
- Dirty Bombs – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Disaster Recovery [Info-Graphic]
- DIY – Make your own Survival Garden – Patriot Direct
- DIY Chicken Watering Hole (and Other Critters Too)
- DIY ’100 Hour Candles’
- DIY: Disaster Survival [Infographic]
- Do you know what basics you need to survive an Apocalypse?
- Does It Really Take $50,000 To Be A Prepper?
- Drinking Alcohol To Protect Against Fallout
- Easy to Make Fire Starters from Wood Chips, Shavings and Sawdust
- Emergency Food Items That Can Last a Lifetime
- Essential Items for Your Black-Out Kit
- Essentials For Any Adventure
- Essentials: Modern Survival Kit
- Ever Heard Of Hyponatremia?
- Extreme Couponers Can Teach Preppers A Thing Or Two…
- First Aid Guide List and Links
- Follow Up To Our February Giveaway
- Forget Farm To Fork – Urban Foraging: The Ultimate in Local Eating
- Forget Peak Oil—Start Worrying About Peak Water
- FREE: Family Emergency Planning Kit
- Gardening Top Tip From YZS
- Garlic – The Ultimate Survival Tool
- Going Off The Grid: Want to erase yourself from the web?
- Gorilla Gardening: A good idea to plant some preps along your bug-out routes
- Great ShakeOut – Select Your ShakeOut Region – Register – Participate
- Growing Your Own Vegetables, A Chart To Help.
- Happy St Prepper’s Day
- Have You Ever Wondered How You’re Going To Store Food When The Grid Fails During The Apocalypse?
- Here’s A Checklist To Check Against Your Emergency Plan
- Home Emergency & Disaster Safety Resource List
- Homemade 72 Hour Emergency Food Supply Kits
- Homemade Emergency Canned Heat
- Homemade Sling-Bow
- How Hurricanes Impact You [infographic]
- How Much Fuel Is Needed To Power A Light Bulb For A Year?
- How Much Is Too Much?
- How To Build A Fire
- How To Build Your Own Aquaponic System With Garden Scraps
- How To Build Your Own Heavy Duty 275 Gallon RAIN BARREL
- How To Build Your Own Solar Thermal Panel From Recycled Trash
- How to Get the Most Calories per Foot Out of Your Homestead Garden
- How To Identify Dry Firewood
- How to Live Off the Grid: a Guide to Freedom
- How To Make A Brick Rocket Stove For $6.08 [video]
- How to Make a Good Emergency Plan for Your Family
- How To Make Your Own Paracord Survival Bracelet
- How To Make Your Own Vertical PVC Planter
- HOW TO MAKE: PINE CONE FIRE STARTERS
- How to Prepare Fresh Game Meat For Storage
- How To Prevent, Recognize And Treat Snake Bites
- How To Set Up Your Campsite
- How To Survive A Disaster
- How To Survive A Night In Your Car
- How to Survive a Nuclear Holocaust
- How to Survive in Space After the Ultimate Disaster
- How To Survive In Your Home During An Emergency
- How to Survive Your First Night in the Forest
- How to Teach Your Kids to be Prepared… For Anything! [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How To Tie Fishing Knots
- How To Use A Compass
- Hunting Tents And Everything You Need To Know About Them
- Hurricane Irma Disaster – A Huge Damage to the Economy
- Hurricane Preparation Tips For Families And Homeowners
- I Get Knocked Down, But I Get Up Again…
- I’m Married To A Prepper . . . What Do I Do Now?
- If The End Was Near: Would You Survive?
- Index Of Knots
- INFOGRAPHIC: Tornado Safety
- Is It Safe To Use A Mattress Outdoors?
- Is Your Office Survival Ready?
- It’s A Trap – 6 Must Learn Traps And Snares
- Keep Supplies Safe During a Power Outage
- Know The Secret To Using Flint And Steel To Start A Fire?
- Know What To Do In Case Of A Weather-Related Emergency
- Learn How to Tie 12 Useful Knots with This Visual Guide
- Live Off The Grid In Your Own Upcycled Shipping Container Home
- Make Your Own Simple Camp Stove
- Make Your Own Simple Faraday Box
- Make Your Own Survival Bread
- Make Your Own Survival Fishing Rod
- Making Your Own Electricity For Survival
- Making Your Own Vegetable And Nut Oils
- May 2013 Contest Winners Announced – Are You One Of Them?
- Must Have: The Official Year Zero Survival Limited Edition T-Shirts, Mugs, Water Bottles, Hoodies, and More…
- Mykel Hawke’s Knives Features
- No Gutters On Your House – Create a “Drain Barrel” (Rainwater Collection System)
- Not Quite The Perfect 72 Hour Bug-Out Pack, But Close
- OmegaMan Tested: EDC Survival Keychain by Survivalhax
- On A Budget: Prepping For 5 Bucks
- Ostrich Myth, But Human Nature
- Paracord How-To: 6 Strand Flat Braid
- Paracord In One Minute
- PLAN FOR YOUR RISKS
- Plant Now: Winter Sowing
- Poisonous Animals You Can’t Eat
- Potassium Iodide: What does it do?
- Product Review: The NITE IZE 3 in 1 LED Flashlight
- Protein Poisoning or Rabbit Starvation
- Radiation Exposure [info-graphic]
- Removing Debt: Encouraging Future Survival & Independent Discipline
- Repurposed Tic-Tac Boxes For Travel Spices
- Researcher Find That Plant Has Water Purification Properties: Cilantro
- REVIEW: Survival Hax Fire Starter Flint w/Waterproof Tinder Holder
- Roughneck Rain Barrel
- “Soup”er Prepper Storage Idea
- Salt: A Valuable And Needed Item In Your Preps
- Save And Share This Infographic: What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Food?
- Self-Watering Seed Starter – DIY
- September Is National Preparedness Month
- Should Survival Skills Be Taught To Children In School?
- Simple Survival Water Filter Using A 2 Liter Bottle
- Some Common Prepper Terms and Definitions
- Someone’s Got To Be The Cook When The SHTF – Why Not You?
- Specialized 2014 Trail And Long-travel Bikes – First Look: S-Works Camber, Fat Boy Fat Bike And New Shock Tech – BikeRadar
- Staying Safe in an Earthquake – How to Be Prepared
- Step-By-Step Guide For Performing CPR On An Adult
- Sticky Stuff: 15 Ways Duct Tape Can Save The Day
- Store Food, The Free Way
- Storing Your Survival Supplies
- Survival Fitness – A Daily Workout Routine
- Survival Movies: A list of some of our favorite survival related movies of all time.
- Survival on the Cheap: Preparing for an Emergency without Losing your Savings
- “The Walking Dead” Cast’s Zombie Survival Kits Are Totally Badass
- Tactics to Fortify Your Family Fortress
- The Benefits of Cattails as a Survival Food Source
- THE CHUNNEL: THE CHICKEN TUNNEL
- The Importance of Body Armor for Survival
- The Importance of Survival Caches
- The Rise of Girls and Guns – infographic
- The SAS Survival Guide App
- The Top 3 Pros and Cons to Using a Crossbow Versus a Compound Bow
- The Zombie Apocalypse The Survivor’s Meme
- These 5 Items Should Be On Your Survival Kit List
- Three R’s of Survival
- Tips To Survive An EMP
- Top 10 Fire Starters
- Top 10 Most Read Survival Blog Posts on Year Zero Survival
- Top 11 Uses For Alcohol In A Post SHTF Scenario
- Top 5 Exotic Survival Honeymoon Locations In India
- Top 5 Reasons to be a Prepper in America
- Top Tip: How To Make A Pull Tab Guy-Line Tensioner
- Trending This Week | Bear Grylls
- U.S. Explodes Atomic Bombs Near Beers To See If They Are Safe To Drink
- Unique Improvised Grills – Ideas For Cooking In A Survival Situation
- Untapped Renewable Energy – Preppers Power Source
- Use Parts From Your Cell Phone To Survive
- Use The Sun To Disinfect Water – Solar Water Disinfection
- Using Social Media In Disaster Situations [info-graphic]
- Water – Our Liquid Friend
- Water Bricks For Survival
- Water More Valuable Than Gold?
- Water Survival Tips
- Water Water Everywhere, And Not A Drop To Drink
- Water, Dehydration and You
- Water: Nature’s Cure-All?
- Waterproof Your Survival Gear
- Wealth of Survival Information
- What Are The Benefits Of Vodka
- What Are The Best Prepper and Survival Websites?
- What Do Rat Whiskers And Surviving Have in Common?
- What Happens To Your Body When You Quit Sugar?
- What To Know When Storing Water
- What’s The Best Tactical Tomahawk?
- What’s The Difference Between Freeze Dried & Dehydrated Foods?
- Why It’s Important To Add A First Aid Kit To Your Survival Preps
- Why Prepare?
- Why Trapping Is Essential for Long-Term Survival
- Why Try Body Armor?
- Why You Need A Solar Generator?
- Wilderness First Aid
- Will Your Family Go Hungry?
- Win A Mykel Hawke Harrier Elite Knife From Year Zero Survival
- Win one of 12 Paracord Bracelets in our May 2013 Giveaway
- Winter Survival Heater
- World Map of All Wars and Conflicts Happening In 2012