What To Know When Storing Water
This is a handy infographic on what you should know when storing water. Print, save or share this for future use. Knowledge is the first step in prepping for survival.
Top 11 Uses For Alcohol In A Post SHTF Scenario
There are hundreds, if not thousands of uses for alcohol in an disaster or emergency situation, but I these are MY top 11 uses.
- Barter & Trade (use in place of money, which will be worthless)
- Fire starter (easily start fires)
- Medical (antiseptic for wounds, sterilize needles, knives and other instruments)
- Disinfect water (use to disinfect questionable water sources)
- Fuel for engines (use as fuel on small equipment, generators, etc)
- Make herbal tinctures and elixirs
- Solvent (use to clean guns, razors and other tools)
- Numbing agent (if you need to knock someone out for dental or medical surgery)
- Weapon (can be used to make accelerant bombs)
- Morale booster (keep spirits up during difficult or cold times)
- Attract a mate (set the mood, can be used to repopulate the human race)
Currently, in my preps I have 2 cases (12 bottles each case, one name brand & one of the cheap stuff): Vodka. Whiskey, Rum, Red Wine & High proof alcohol (Everclear). Granted this quantity of stock is not very mobile, and is best stored in a bugout or bug-in location.
What type of alcohol would/do you stock?
How Much Is Too Much?
What do you use your Stockpile for?
I honestly use my stockpile every day! I use it for meal planning, everyday cooking, and keep enough on hand for a rainy day. No one wants to have to go to the store several times a week. It is nice to be prepared with grocery store staples right in the comfort of your own home, in addition to being prepared for any potential natural disasters. You can buy a little at a time or take advantage of stockpile sales like the one on right now at Year Zero Survival.
Top Tip: Rotate your stockpile, so that you are using a ‘First in, First used’ format.
FREE: Family Emergency Planning Kit
A good survival checklist can go a long way. Whether it’s a doomsday preppers supply list or a simple disaster escape route, every family needs an emergency plan, even though hopefully you’ll never need to use it!
She’s giving you all free emergency planning kit that includes everything from important contacts and meeting places, wallet cards to a home inventory list: LINK
What Are The Benefits Of Vodka
Well, that’s easy, you drink it. And if you are a prepper you can use it to barter with, plus let’s not forget that it’s good for medical emergencies as well.
Here are 21 other household uses for vodka that you may not have been aware of: