Survival prepping is all about being prepared for unexpected events that may threaten your safety and sustainability. Whether it’s a natural disaster, war, or even a doomsday scenario, taking the necessary precautions can make all the difference in ensuring your survival. Here are five essential steps you can take to start prepping for survival today:
- Learn new skills: As Mahatma Gandhi once said, “learn as if you were to live forever.” It’s important to continuously acquire new skills and knowledge, especially when it comes to survival. Some essential skills to consider learning include starting a fire, shooting game, performing basic first aid, and even playing a musical instrument (which can provide a much-needed source of entertainment in difficult times).
- Stock up on food and water: Food and water are crucial for human survival, and it’s important to have a sufficient supply on hand. Aim to have enough to last at least one month, and try to focus on a balanced diet that includes all three macros (proteins, fats, and carbohydrates). In addition, learn how to properly prepare and store food, and how to decant and purify water to ensure it’s free of impurities.
- Get defensive gear: In today’s world, it’s important to be prepared for the possibility of danger from other people. Consider learning self-defense skills like karate or boxing, and invest in a good survival kit that will come in handy in the event of a natural disaster, war, or other unexpected event.
- Have a medicine reserve: If you take medication on a regular basis, it’s essential to have a small reserve on hand in case of shortages. This is especially important for those with conditions like diabetes, epilepsy, or heart conditions, who may require daily medication. Aim to have enough to last at least two weeks or more.
- Practice caution: As the old saying goes, “precaution is better than cure.” By taking the time to plan and prepare, you can increase your chances of survival in the face of unexpected challenges.
Don’t wait until it’s too late to start prepping – take these essential steps today to ensure your safety and sustainability.